Our application runs well in Java 7, JavaFX 2.2 in all environments. It features an HTMLEditor Singleton that delivers an instance of the HTMLEditor component wherever needed.
After we built the project on Java 8, the HTMLEditor failed to be added to the scene graph and the HTMLEditor skin threw a null pointer exception.
The partial stack trace is as follows:
Exception in thread “JavaFX Application Thread” java.lang.NullPointerException
I’m using Kepler Eclipse on a PC, currently. In one version, I did not recreate the FXML. I ran as is with no changes other than to remove deprecated methods, which are unrelated. In another version, as an experiment, I used SceneBuilder to layout the HTMLEditor component and that rendered fine.
In the non-working version, I am re-parenting the component on the scene graph as needed.
Finally, I have tried both Caspian and Modena in JDK8. Same result.