Resolution: Won't Fix
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~1196 Mhz
Thereafter, installed JRE 7u65 (32-bit) successfully and verification/uninstall applet confirmed the new JRE but failed to uninstall the earlier installation with the message:
"Old Java versions were not uninstalled" (See attached screenshot).
Steps to reproduce:
In Google Chrome version 35,
1. Download and Install following file:
Windows x64 29.58 MB jre-7u65-windows-x64.exe
The installation completed successfully and shown listed in Add-Remove Programs list.
2. However, Verification/Uninstall applet failed with the message:
Java(TM) is required to display some elements on this page [Install plug-in]
Note: All 3 browsers, IE version 9, Firefox version 24.6 and Chrome 35 displayed similar message bar.
3. Thereafter, in Chrome 35, Proceeded with the installation of 32-bit JRE:
Windows x86 Offline 28.06 MB jre-7u65-windows-i586.exe
This went successfully as well and got listed in Add-Remove Programs
4. The verification/uninstall applet succeeded partially with the message "Unable to Begin Uninstall Process". (See attached console log image)
and in another attempt applet failed to load completely.
Note: Above Reported only in Chrome
In IE and Fiefox applet loaded with expected message (see attached console log screenshot)
1. Verification/uninstall applet should be able to launch successfully post browser reboot (For 64 bit browser and JRE).
2. Chrome should be able to display correct message as is the case with Firefox and IE post 32 bit JRE install.